Calling all entrepreneurs from our 20-county region! SMIF is proud to partner with Red Wing Ignite on the 8th Annual Ignite Cup, a regional pitch competition that was created to elevate entrepreneurs and emerging startups as a feeder to the statewide MN Cup competition.
What is the Ignite Cup?
A regional pitch competition, sponsored by Red Wing Ignite and Southern Minnesota Initiative Foundation, was created to elevate entrepreneurs and emerging startups as a feeder to the statewide MN Cup competition. Finalists present their idea/business to a panel of judges made up of entrepreneurs, investors, business/regional leaders, and an MN Cup representative.
All applicants receive feedback on their idea/business and application, and exposure to a diverse group of people in the MN Startup community.
HOW THE COMPETITION WORKS
Application Period: Jan 9-Feb 24
· Each Startup completes an online application using YouNoodle platform (login required).
Initial Review Period: Feb 25-March 2
Semi-Finalist Notification: March 3
· Semi-Finalists review round.
March 4-March 8
· Finalist Notification: March 9
· Finalists receive mentoring, Path to Pitch classes, and work on the final pitch deck presentation.
· Finalists present to a panel of judges at the event on 3/30/23.
· Judges award 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place cash award winners, a SE MN Entrepreneur who will advance to the Semi-Finalist MN Cup competition, and a Student (college enrolled) from the 20 County SMIF Region.
· Audience selects People’s, Choice Winner.